|Low cost houses and government quarters in categories F, G, H and I||RM192.00 for a 24-month cycle or RM8/month for septic tanks located within the local authority operating areas (PBT)
RM192.00 for a 36 Month cycle or RM5.33/month for septic tanks located outside the boundaries of the local authority operating areas (PBT)
|Houses in Kampung, New Villages and Estates|
|Premises and government quarters in categories A, B, C, D and E|
|Premises with non-standard septic tanks or pour flush system||RM260 for tanks sized < 2.5m3
RM390 for tanks sized > 2.5m3 – 4.5m3
Tanks exceeding 4.5m3 - RM130 for each additional cubic meter
"Domestic Premises" means any premises built, constructed, adapted or intended to be used exclusively for human habitation.
"Low-cost dwelling house" means any domestic premises classified by the relevant local authority or State Authority as a 'low cost house'.
"Estate dwelling house" means any domestic premises located on land designated by the relevant State Authority for agricultural purposes under sections 52 and 53 of the National Land Code 1965. In that such land on which the said domestic premises is located includes such land used for the purpose or purposes of cultivation of any crop (including trees cultivated for the purpose of their produce), market gardening, the breeding and keeping of honey-bees, livestock and reptiles, and aqua-culture.
"New village dwelling house" means any domestic premises located on land designated by the relevant State authority as a 'new village'.
"Village dwelling house" means any domestic premises situated on land declared to be a village by the relevant State Authority in accordance with section 11 of the National Land Code 1965, or deemed as a duly constituted village by virtue of section 442 of the National Land Code 1965.
"Government Quarters" categories A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, & I is as defined by the Government General Orders (Chapter E).
|RM80 for each trip (per trip)||•The owner, management corporation or occupant of the premises failed to provide sufficient access to the septic tank for the purpose of enabling the septic tank to be desludged;
• The owner, management corporation or occupant of the premises refuses to allow the desludging services that have been scheduled to be carried out; or
• The service license found that the septic tank was empty when inspected.
WHAT IS DESLUDGING SEVICES ABORTIVE CHARGES ?
According to the Water Services Industry (Sewerage Services Charges) Regulations 2022, abortive charges refer to fees or costs incurred when a planned or agreed-upon activity or service is canceled or terminated prematurely. These charges are typically imposed to cover the costs or losses incurred by the party providing the service due to the cancellation.
IWK is implementing this charges according to the Water Services Industry (Sewerage Services Charges) Regulations 2022 Subregulation 7(1)(2) : Cancellation Charges of Desludging Services.
For more information, please refer here
IWK DESLUGDING SERVICE ABORTIVE CHARGES APPLY WHEN:
- The owner, management corporation or occupier of a premises shall pay the cancellation charges of desludging services after a written notice is issued by the service licensee under the Water Services Industry (Desludging Services) Regulations 2021 if—
- The owner, management corporation or occupier of the premises fails to give adequate access to the septic tank for the purposes of enabling the septic tank to be desludged;
- The owner, management corporation or occupier of the premises refuses to allow the scheduled desludging services to be carried out; or
- It appears to the service licensee (IWK) that the septic tank is empty upon inspection.
IWK DESLUDGING SERVICE ABORTIVE CHARGES DOES NOT APPLY WHEN:
- The customer declines the service for a valid reason, such as death, medical emergencies, natural disaster or unforeseen circumstances like losing house keys or car breakdown.
- If IWK Desludging team arrives at the premise at a different time or date than agreed upon.
- Desludging service is unable to be carried out due to a blockage that requires additional services to remove it.