Indah Water Konsortium Sdn Bhd (“IWK”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of individuals with respect to their personal data. We strive to ensure that our policies and practices in relation to the collection, use, retention, processing and disclosure of personal data comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and all applicable laws of Malaysia.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 (“Act”)
This Notice serves to comply with the Act and applies to individuals who interact with IWK as customers (“you”). This Notice informs you of your rights regarding your personal data which has been and may be collected for the provision of sewerage services by IWK. We encourage you to read this Notice carefully to understand how we collect, use, process and disclose your personal data.
CUSTOMERS’ PERSONAL DATA
IWK may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Personal Information: Your full name, nationality, social network details, National Registration Identification Card (NRIC) number or passport number;
- Contact Information: Your house phone number, mobile phone number, email address, home address and mailing address;
- Billing Information: Sewerage and/or responsive services billing information including billing and payment information such as debit or credit card details or other forms of payment such as bank account or e-wallet;
- Property Details: Account property details including annual value and assessment rate as imposed by local authorities;
- Sewerage Account Details: Information related to your sewerage account;
- Water Consumption: Water consumption and water meter details;
- Communications: Communications made or calls placed by you to our Customer Service Centre or other departments within IWK; and
- Legal Documentation Data: Any personal data derived from any legal documents including sale and purchase agreement, water services agreement, tenancy agreement, letter of administration, grant of probate, power of attorney, birth certificate and death certificate.
We may collect personal data from various sources as follows:
- you or your authorised representatives;
- financial institutions;
- postal service providers;
- local authorities;
- housing developers;
- water operators;
- service providers engaged by IWK;
- credit reporting agencies;
- other sources where you have consented to the disclosure of personal data relating to you, and/or
- where otherwise lawfully permitted.
CUSTOMERS’ PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
You agree that we may use your personal data for the following purposes as allowed under applicable law:
- Identity and Contact Verification: To verify your identity;
- Service Provisioning: To facilitate the provisioning of sewerage and/or responsive services to your property;
- Customer Database and Service Management: For the maintenance of customer database and customer service related processes;
- Insurance: For insurance claim purposes;
- Financial: For billing, joint billing and financial purposes, including payments for IWK’s services (and all transactions related thereto), accounting and tax;
- Administrative: For the effective management of internal operations, including record-keeping, compliance with internal policies and other organisational processes;
- Legal and Compliance: To meet legal and statutory requirements, and to protect or enforce our rights to recover any debt owing to us;
- Customer Relations: For contact purposes and to respond to your enquiries, complaints or feedback. Additionally, for providing you with regular communications relating to the services provided by IWK (other than direct marketing materials);
- Research and Analysis: For research and analysis purposes including historical and statistical record keeping purposes;
- Operational Management: For general operation and maintenance of the services provided by IWK;
- Data Integration: For matching any data held by IWK relating to you from time to time;
- Promotional Activities: To administer competitions, contests, offers, or promotions;
- Security & Fraud Prevention: Investigating complaints and suspected suspicious transactions; and/or
- Other Lawful Purposes: For any other purpose that is required or permitted by law.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data to the following parties under the conditions specified:
- Agents and Service Providers: Providing services related to the purposes for which the personal data is collected (including agents/service providers located overseas);
- Water Distribution and Facilities Licensees: Only if they are providing services to you;
- Third-Party Data Processors: Including those located overseas, who provide data processing services;
- Regulators: As required by law or for compliance with legal obligations;
- Federal or State Government: As required by law or for compliance with legal obligations;
- Credit Reporting Agencies: For the purpose of contributing information for defaulter listing and credit scoring, subject to applicable law;
- Appointed Lawyers and Debt Collection Agencies: Only in circumstances where delay or default of payment has occurred, solely for the purpose of debt recovery and subject to applicable law; and
- Confidentiality-Bound Parties: Our agents, contractors, advisors and/or service providers who are under a duty to keep such personal data confidential.
We do not disclose your personal data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent. However, we may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law and in good faith, if such action is necessary (a) to comply with any law enforcement agency requirements, court order or legal processes; or (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of IWK.
ACCESS, CORRECTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
If you would like to make any enquiries or complaints or request access or correction of your personal data, you may contact:
Indah Water Konsortium Sdn Bhd
No. 1, Jalan Damansara
60000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: 03-2780 1100
Fax: 03-2780 1101
We may review and update this Notice from time to time to reflect changes in the law, technology advancements and changes in our business practices, procedures and structure. The latest version of this Notice will be available on this page on our website, and the date of the most recent update will be indicated. You are encouraged to review this Notice periodically for updates. Please note that the continued use of our services following any changes to this Notice constitutes your acceptance of such changes, which shall be binding on you.