Sewerage Work Approvals
IWK has been appointed by Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Air Negara (SPAN) as Certifying Agency for Sewerage Works Approvals in accordance to Section 174 of Water Services Industry Act 2006 (Act 655) for all states in West Malaysia and Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan effective 1 January 2008.
Need help with sewerage planning and submission process? Register with us for MSIG Workshop on Requirements for Planning, Design & Construction of Sewerage System.
For more information, please contact the following state office :
|Person In Charge||Nur Hazlin Binti Mahmood|
|General Enquiry||Nik Samila Binti Nik Man|
Lot 188A, Jalan Tengku Ismail off Jalan Telipot, Seksyen 21, Kelantan, 15200 Kota Bharu
|Local Authority||Majlis Perbandaran Kota Bharu Bandaraya Islam, Majlis Daerah Bachok, Majlis Daerah Dabong, Majlis Daerah Gua Musang, Majlis Daerah Jeli, Majlis Daerah Ketereh, Majlis Daerah Kuala Krai, Majlis Daerah Machang,Majlis Daerah Pasir Mas,Majlis Daerah Pasir Puteh,Majlis Daerah Tanah Merah,Majlis Daerah Tumpat|
|Customer Day||Wednesday (9am - 1pm)|
|Person In Charge||Ir. Shaiful Ezan Omar|
|General Enquiry||Rusyida Shuib|
|Address||Kedah/Perlis Certifying Agency Office
Indah Water Konsortium Sdn Bhd Loji Pengolahan Enapcemar Berpusat Kota Setar (KSR169) Jalan Lencong Timur Tanjung Bendahara 05300 Alor Setar, Kedah
|Tel. No.||04-772 4454 / 04-771 8671|
|Fax No.||04-772 7458|
|Local Authority||MP Kangar, MB Alor Star, MD Kubang Pasu, MD Padan Terap, MD Sik, MD Pendang, MP Sungai Petani, MD Yan, MD Baling, MP Kulim, MD Bandar Baharu, MP Langkawi Bandaraya Pelancongan|
|Customer Day||Tuesday (9.00am - 1.00pm)|
|Person In Charge||Mohd Fahril Azri Mohd Rozi|
|General Enquiry||Kanagamani Maniam|
|Address||Pulau Pinang Certifying Agency Office
Loji Rawatan Kumbahan Serantau (SPI503), Jalan Limbungan, Off Jalan Chain Ferry, 12100 Butterworth, Pulau Pinang
|Local Authority||MB Pulau Pinang, MP Seberang Perai|
|Customer Day||Thursday (9.00am-12.00pm)|
|Person In Charge||Sri Ruthira Kumar a/l Amirthalingam|
|General Enquiry||Aniza Mohd Hashim|
|Address||Perak Certifying Agency Office
A-3A-3A, Block A, Green Town Square, Jalan Dato' Seri Ahmad Said, 30450 Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan.
|Tel. No.||05-254 6497|
|Fax No.||05-254 3071|
|Local Authority||MB Ipoh, MP Taiping, MD Pengkalan Hulu, MD Grik, MD Selama, MD Lenggong, MP Kuala Kangsar, MD Kerian, MD Perak Tengah, MD Kinta Barat, MD Kinta Selatan, MP Manjung, MP Teluk Intan, MD Tapah, MD Tanjung Malim|
|Customer Day||Friday (9am - 12pm)|
|Person In Charge||Kenanga Rose|
|General Enquiry||Marsitah Mohd Yassin|
|Address||Federal Territory Certifying Agency Office
Loji Rawatan Kumbahan Serantau (KLR347), Jalan Chan Chin Mooi Titiwangsa 53200 Kuala Lumpur
|Tel. No.||03-4031 0626, 03-4031 4353, 03-4031 1059|
|Fax No.||03-4031 0454|
|Local Authority||Perbadanan Putrajaya, MP Labuan, DB Kuala Lumpur|
|Customer Day||Tuesday (9.30am - 1pm)|
|Person In Charge||Ir. Mohamed Anwar Naik Mohd|
|General Enquiry||Rahina Mohd|
|Address||Selangor Certifying Agency Office
Loji Rawatan Kumbahan Serantau (SAM 272) Off Persiaran Perusahaan Seksyen 23 40000 Shah Alam Selangor Darul Ehsan
|Tel. No.||03-5542 4242|
|Fax No.||03-5541 3551|
|Local Authority||MB Petaling Jaya, MP Ampang Jaya, MP Selayang, MP Kajang, MD Hulu Selangor, MP Klang, MB Shah Alam, MD Sabak Bernam, MD Kuala Selangor, MP Subang Jaya, MD Kuala Langat, MP Sepang|
|Customer Day||Thursday (9am - 1pm and 2pm-4.30pm)|
|Person In Charge||Nor Azura Massabir Ali|
|General Enquiry||Norhasmah Hasnan|
|Address||Negeri Sembilan Certifying Agency Office
No. 34 & 35 (Tingkat Atas), Jalan Dataran Kemuning 2, Dataran Kemuning, Senawang, 70450 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan Darul Khusus
|Tel. No.||06 - 6789 054|
|Fax No.||06 - 6789 057|
|Local Authority||MP Nilai, MD Jelebu, MD Jempol, MD Kuala Pilah, MD Rembau, MP Seremban, MP Port Dickson, MD Tampin|
|Customer Day||Monday (9am - 1pm)|
|Person In Charge||Johan Leman|
|General Enquiry||Salmila Janudin|
|Address||Melaka Certifying Agency Office
RSTP Bandaraya Melaka Pt 1819, Jalan Syed Abdul Aziz Kawasan Bandar VI Daerah Melaka Tengah 75000 Melaka
|Local Authority||MB Melaka Bersejarah, MP Jasin, MP Alor Gajah, Majlis Perbandaran Hang Tuah Jaya|
|Customer Day||Friday (9.00am - 12.00pm)|
|Person In Charge||Shamsul Hisham Abu Bakar|
|General Enquiry||Faiza Md Sairan|
|Address||Johor Certifying Agency Office
Loji Rawatan Kumbahan (JBT162), Lot 124864, Jalan Impian Emas 20, Taman Impian Emas, 81300 Skudai Johor
|Tel. No.||07- 5591 409|
|Fax No.||07- 5591 411|
|Local Authority||MD Segamat, MD Labis, MD Tangkak, MP Muar, MP Kluang, MD Simpang Renggam, MD Yong Peng, MP Batu Pahat, MD Pontian, MP Kulai, MP Johor Bahru Tengah, MD Kota Tinggi, MD Mersing, Majlis Bandaraya Johor Bahru, Majlis Bandaraya Pasir Gudang|
|Customer Day||Wednesday (9.00am - 4.30pm)|
|Person In Charge||Rosafizi Mokhtar|
|General Enquiry||Roziah Idris|
|Address||Pahang Certifying Agency Office
A1, Tingkat 2, Lorong Mat Kilau 24/1, Off Jalan Penjara, 25100 Kuantan, Pahang Darul Makmur.
|Tel. No.||09-517 7194 / 7215|
|Fax No.||09-517 7226|
|Local Authority||MP Kuantan, MD Cameron Highlands, MD Lipis, MD Jerantut, MD Raub, MD Maran, MP Temerloh, MP Bentong, MD Pekan, MD Rompin, MD Bera|
|Customer Day||Friday (9am - 12pm)|
|Person In Charge||Mohd Fahril Azri Mohd Rodzi|
|General Enquiry||Mastura Aini Zahid|
|Address||Terengganu Certifying Agency Office
Lot 1081-T, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman, 20100 Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu Darul Iman.
|Tel. No.||09-624 8278 / 09-624 8279|
|Fax No.||09-624 8280|
|Local Authority||MP Kuala Terengganu, MD Besut, MD Setiu, MD Marang, MD Hulu Terengganu, MD Dungun, MP Kemaman|
|Customer Day||Sunday (9am - 12pm)|
- Handover Sign Off Form DOWNLOAD
- Form Notification for Connection To Public Sewer DOWNLOAD
- Form SWC-LR DOWNLOAD
- Form SWA-LR DOWNLOAD
- Form Certificate of Compliance DOWNLOAD
- Form WSIA PDC/9 DOWNLOAD
- Form WSIA PDC/8 DOWNLOAD
- Form WSIA PDC/7 DOWNLOAD
- Form WSIA PDC/6-1 DOWNLOAD
- Form WSIA PDC/6 DOWNLOAD
- Form WSIA PDC/5 DOWNLOAD
- Form WSIA PDC/4 DOWNLOAD
- Form WSIA PDC/3 DOWNLOAD
- Form WSIA PDC/2 DOWNLOAD
- Form WSIA PDC/1 DOWNLOAD
- Guide for an EIA Report DOWNLOAD
- Report Format for HAZOP Study and Checklist DOWNLOAD
- HAZOP Checklist for Sewage Treatment Plant DOWNLOAD
- HAZOP Checklist for Pump Station DOWNLOAD
- Basic Guide of Sewerage Layout Plan Submission in Digital Format DOWNLOAD
- Content for Operation and Maintenance Manuals DOWNLOAD
- Tabular Amounts of Performance Bonds DOWNLOAD
- Standard Format for Performance Bond DOWNLOAD
- Bank Guarantee for Upgrading of Existing Public Sewerage System DOWNLOAD
- Letter of Indemnity for Upgrading Works DOWNLOAD
- Typical Project Signboard for Upgrading Works DOWNLOAD
FAQ for S.W.A.T
What is the difference between the new model (Low Risk Approval Procedure) compared to existing procedures?
- In line with previous procedures based on MSIG Volume II (2nd Edition-amendment v1: July 2013), the approval procedure for this new model has been simplified by strengthening the role of professional groups (consultants) issuing certificates of compliance under the concept of self-regulation/ self-assessment especially for design specification and site inspection elements.
- Currently, only septic tank applications, connections and small sewage treatment systems will be processed based on this new model.
- This new model approval procedure involves only two processes namely Sewerage Works Approval Application (SWA) and Sewerage Works Completion (SWC) Certification Notice compared to existing procedures involving five processes. The total charter duration for SWA and SWC is 21 days (14 + 7) compared to 63 days according to existing procedures.
When will the new model be used?
- It goes into effect beginning 1 April 2014 for all new planning applications.
- For development that has reached the PDC6 submission stage (Start-Work Notice), applicants are allowed to make further applications based on the new SWC submission model.
Are all submissions for septic tank, connections and small sewage treatment systems required to adhere to the new model beginning 1 April 2014?
- Until such a date that is set by the Commission, applications for approval based on previous procedures in reference to MSIG Volume II (2nd Edition-amendment v1: July 2013) are still allowed.
- However, applicants are allowed to apply the new model for the remainder of the approval processes provided that they have completed the approval process up to level PDC6 before submitting the SWC.
What about the processing fee payment procedure for this new model?
- The payment procedure is unchanged as stipulated in Article 3.0 of MSIG Volume II (2nd Edition-amendment v1: July 2013).
- However, the details of the processing fee amount for SWA and SWC should refer to Table 1 stated in Article 4.0 of MSIG Volume II Appendix [Special Edition 2014 (Low Risk)]
- Concurrent full payment of SWA and SWC in one government bank draft/ cheque is allowed.
What does it mean for a connection that is allowed to be processed under this new model?
- Connection here means the application of an extension of the internal pipe from the inspection chamber/ manhole to the existing sewerage system provided that it does not involve the construction of sewer reticulation.